The Gas Station was located in the geographical center of Dakota County, and was in use until the riots of the late 1990s. Ebon, who had traveled back in time to set off a bigger Bang, hoped to achieve this by hijacking a tanker truck full of Quantum Vapor. Gear diverted the truck into the gas station, after which it went out of commission.
When Static just started his superhero career, he and Richie decided they needed a place to wind down, relax and, most of all, use as a base of operations. Richie chose the run down gas station because it was the only thing they could afford with limited funds; Static dubbed it the "Abandoned Gas Station of Solitude" as an in-joke to Superman's Fortress of Solitude.
The Gas Station would be used well into the future, changing little on the outside. However, Static and Gear did turn the interior into a high-tech base of operations.
The Abandoned Gas Station of Solitude originally appeared in Static's comic title. It was a pun on Superman's Fortress; in Milestone Comics, Superman was a fictional character. Static Shock was originally not part of the DCAU (only after the second season premiere "The Big Leagues"), and originally Static and Richie remarked that "Even Clark Kent has a day job". That line was removed in reruns, but the name "Abandoned Gas Station of Solitude" remained.
- "They're Playing My Song"
- "Bad Stretch"
- "The Parent Trap"
- "A League of Their Own"
- "Future Shock"
- "Fallen Hero"
- "Power Play"
- ↑ Semper Jr., John, (writer) & Howard, Mark J. (director) (February 14, 2004). "Army of Darkness". Static Shock. Season 4. Episode 5 (airdate). Episode 44 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ Semper Jr., John, (writer) & Cowan, Denys (teleplay) & Uncredited director (June 7, 2003). "Flashback". Static Shock. Season 3. Episode 14 (airdate). Episode 32 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Riba, Dan (director) (November 11, 2000). "They're Playing My Song". Static Shock. Season 1. Episode 5 (airdate). Episode 5 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ Berkowitz, Stan (writer) & Chele, Vic Dal (director) (January 17, 2004). "Future Shock". Static Shock. Season 4. Episode 1 (airdate). Episode 40 (production). Kids WB!.