|This article is written from the Real World perspective|
Batman: Arkham Knight is the fourth and final installment in the Arkham video games series. It was developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Comics in 2015.
Nine months after the events of Arkham City, the Scarecrow threatens to unleash a new, potent version of his fear toxin across all of Gotham City. After the majority of the city's population has been evacuated, Gotham is open territory for various gangs, and a militia equipped with military vehicles and weaponry, controlled by Scarecrow's mysterious ally, the self-dubbed "Arkham Knight".
Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Tara Strong, reprise their roles from the Arkham Asylum franchise as Batman, the Joker, and Harley Quinn, respectively. The Scarecrow is voiced, for the first time, by veteran actor John Noble, who previously voiced Brainiac in the DC Universe original movie Superman Unbound. Several other DCAU actors also appear in supporting or cameo roles (see List of DCAU voice actors in DC Universe Video Games).
Other Batman rogues appearing include Poison Ivy, Riddler, and Penguin. Batman's allies include a reluctant Catwoman, Nightwing, Robin (Tim Drake), Oracle, Commissioner Gordon, Lucius Fox, and, as always, Alfred Pennyworth. Also making an appearance are Gotham reporters Jack Ryder and Vicki Vale.
Special DLC additions allow the player to play as Batgirl, in a story mission taking place before her crippling by the Joker, or as Catwoman, taking revenge against Riddler, for his kidnapping of her.
|André Sogliuzzo||Firefighter Cannon, Firefighter Leary-Wood, Thugs|
|Ashley Greene||Barbara Gordon|
|Brian Bloom||Black Mask|
|Brian T. Delaney||Militia 6, Fireman 3|
|Courtenay Taylor||Sergeant Hanrahan|
|Danny Jacobs||Victor Zsasz|
|Dave Fennoy||Lucius Fox|
|Dave Wittenberg||Officer Denheen, Officer Lynch, B.P.D. Officers|
|David Boat||Officer Owens, Fireman 5, Militia 9|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Ra's al Ghul, Warden Ranken|
|Duane Shepard||Aaron Cash|
|Dwight Schultz||Professor Pyg|
|Garrick Hagon||Henry Adams|
|Isaac Singleton Jr.||Albert King|
|JB Blanc||Fire Chief Underhill, Edward Burke, Officer Thraves, Officer Anderson, Sergeant Badowsky, Harley Thugs|
|Jake Eberle||Sergeant Armstrong, Officer Gay, B.P.D. Officers|
|James Horan||Jack Ryder|
|Jennifer Hale||Nyssa Ratio|
|Jim Ward||Firefighter Adamson, Officer Williams, Sergeant McAllister, Hostage|
|Jonathan Banks||James Gordon|
|Keith Szarabajka||Firefighter Daniell, Firefighter Scott, The Order|
|Kevin Conroy||Batman, Hush|
|Lenny Citrano||Penguin Thug|
|Lex Lang||Officer Kevern, Officer Deaves, Officer Doyle|
|Liam O'Brien||Adam Brewer, Officer Clarysse, Officer Cottell, Officer Fitzgerald, Officer Hussein, B.P.D. Officers|
|Loren Lester||Dr. Kirk Langstrom / Man-Bat|
|Marc Worden||Deacon Blackfire|
|Mark Hamill||The Joker|
|Mark Rolston||Deathstroke, Lex Luthor|
|Martin Jarvis||Alfred Pennyworth|
|Maurice LaMarche||Mister Freeze|
|Michael Rosenbaum||Johnny Charisma|
|Patrick Seitz||Militia Brutes|
|Paul Parducci||Riot Thug|
|Peter MacNicol||Mad Hatter|
|Phil Proctor||Simon Stagg|
|Rick Wasserman||Black Mask Thugs|
|Robin Atkin Downes||Officer Hargrave, Thugs|
|Sam Riegel||Officer Beauchamp, Officer DeRogatis, Officer Welch, Hostage|
|Sarah Cravens||Christina Bell|
|Steve Blum||Killer Croc, Militia|
|Tara Strong||Harley Quinn|
|Troy Baker||Two-Face, Arkham Knight|
|Carlos Alazraqui, Laura Bailey, Tom Choi, Tom Clarke Hill, Taylor Clarke-Hill, Michael Cornacchia, Chris Cox, Kat Cressida, Jon Curry, Mark Engelhardt, Keith Ferguson, Robert Firth, Dave Fouquette, Chris Fries, Michael Hawley, Jules de Jonge, Darryl Kurylo, Misty Lee, Jonathan Lipow, Megan Maczko, Colin McFarlane, Jim Meskimen, Rick Pasqualone, Salli Saffioti, Kerry Shale, Keith Silverstein, Mitch Urban, Oliver Vaquer, Travis Willingham, Jimmie Wood, Glenn Wrage||Additional Voices|
Easter eggs and references to the DCAU
- The games starts off in Pauli's Diner. This diner also had a blink-and-miss-it cameo in the cinematic opening of Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it's a clear reference to Paul Dini, producer and writer of the DCAU series and writer of the first to installments of the Arkham series.
- The Gray Ghost is alluded through posters of a film titled The Ghost in Gray. Simon Trent appears on the poster as the Gray Ghost.
- In Chinatown, across the street from the Bank of Gotham, there is an auto shop called "Earl Cooper Auto Repair". A clear reference to the eponymous character featured in the episode "The Mechanic".
- There's a shop called "The Grinning Fishmonger" across the Bank of Gotham in Miagani Island that's lampooning "The Laughing Fish".
- In Barbara Gordon/Oracle's study there's a poster for the film The Dark Interlude, a fictional movie mentioned in "Mudslide". The movie's tagline "She cured more than his body, she cured his heart" is a line from the movie and Matt Hagen and Stella Bates are credited as the film's main stars.
- Also in Oracle's study there's a poster advertising Tanaga Dojo from "Curse of the Kobra". Kairi Tanaga is billed as the instructor.
- There are posters of a film titled Dr. Dorian's Island of Mutants. These depict a silhouette of a feline looking creature atop of a mountain, much like the last shot of "Tyger, Tyger".
- While free roaming in the city, after the Arkham Knight has been defeated, one of the the militia thugs will say "Yeah, I've got a job lined up after this, Kasnia [sic]. There's a king there we're gonna depose, or restore, or kill maybe? Look, I just shoot who they say, ok?".
- A bonus "skin" also allows Batman to don a militarized version of the Batman Beyond-era Batsuit.