|Real name:||Ben Knox|
|Affiliations:||Jokerz (formerly), Chronos|
|Rogue of:|| Batman (Terry McGinnis);|
Justice League Unlimited
|Voiced by:||Henry Rollins, Adam Baldwin|
Ben "Bonk" Knox was a large and brutish member of the third gang of Jokerz.
Tasked by the group's leader, an apparently resurrected Joker, with stealing heavy pieces of advanced technology, Bonk had trouble operating a hover lift and went berserk when Batman appeared. He also was not too happy about the job that Joker commissioned the rest of the gang, as he preferred to steal cash or cards. During the gang's getaway, Bonk unwisely disengaged from the equipment to pursue Batman across the skies—which caused the equipment to drag the other two lifts down and eventually crash. He ended up trapped on a flagpole he didn't see coming while he attempted to strangle Batman, who tried to warn him, but couldn't because of Bonk's pressure on his throat.
Smarting over their failure, Bonk got fed up and confronted their leader saying he wanted out, even going as far as to mention some fallacies about the Joker's plan. He pointed out how they were stealing seemingly useless equipment and how Joker wasn't explaining his plans to anyone. Rather than oblige, Joker simply killed Bonk with a smile on his face, warning the other Jokerz not to question him.
In an alternate timeline, Bonk and the other Jokerz were still alive, serving as Chronos's henchmen. They confronted the Justice League, but were unable to stop Batman and Green Lantern from undoing Chronos's damage to the time stream.
Powers and abilities
In the normal time stream, Bonk was a hulking man with brute strength, but little finesse or judgment. He was strong enough to match Batman's enhanced strength, but neither quick enough nor smart enough to beat him in a fair fight.
In the alternate time stream, the same was true, except he was also equipped with a cybernetic arm that could transform into a giant sledgehammer.
- Bonk was voiced by Henry Rollins (usually the voice of Mad Stan) in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and by Adam Baldwin in Justice League Unlimited.
- In the edited version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Joker incapacitates Bonk by spraying him with Joker gas from his gun. However, the uncut version of Bonk's death is Joker shoots at Bonk with the first shot being a joke "BANG" followed by a second shot that impales Bonk in the heart while he was smiling.
- "The Once and Future Thing Part One: Weird Western Tales"
- "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Burnett, A., Dini, P., Timm, B., Murakami, G. (Producers), & Geda, C. (Director). (2000). Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. United States: Warner Bros. Animation.
- ↑ McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director) (January 29, 2005). "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 13 (airdate). Episode 13 (production). Cartoon Network.
|Coe • Dottie • J-Man • Lee • Scab • Smirk • Spike • Top Hat Joker|
|Tayko • Terminal • Trey • Weasel|
|The Joker's Jokerz|
|Bonk • Chucko • Dee Dee • Ghoul • Woof|