The Green Lantern Corps was created by the Guardians of the Universe as an intergalactic, peacekeeping police force.
The Guardians created the Green Lantern Corps to replace the Manhunter Robots as their force to maintain order in the universe.
At least one Green Lantern is known to have gone rogue, Sinestro of Korugar; several of his fellow Corpsmen, including John Stewart, were called into action to strip Sinestro of his power ring, prompting the former Green Lantern to swear a blood oath against the Corps.
Each Green Lantern is provided with a Power ring and power battery which allows each Lantern to channel power from the central battery on the planet Oa. Rings must be recharged regularly, or they will run out of power. What the ring can do is limited only by the willpower and imagination of its user. Common uses include flight, energy beams, energy constructs, force fields, and communication. The ring also produces a green aura that can protect its user from the vacuum of space or the depths of the ocean.
- "Fallen Hero" (Mentioned Only)
- "In Blackest Night"
- "Twilight, Part I" (Mentioned Only)
- "Hereafter, Part I"
- "Hearts and Minds"
- "Secret Society, Part I" (Mentioned Only)
- ↑ McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director) (January 29, 2005). "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 13 (airdate). Episode 13 (production). Cartoon Network.
- ↑ McDuffie, Dwayne (story) & Dini, Paul (teleplay) & Riba, Dan (director) (April 15, 2006). "Far From Home". Justice League Unlimited. Season 2. Episode 10 (airdate). Episode 36 (production). Cartoon Network.