|Hair:||Grey (formerly brown)|
|Relatives:|| Martha Kent (wife)|
Clark Kent (adoptive son)
Kara Kent (adoptive niece)
|Voiced by:||Mike Farrell|
Jonathan and his wife Martha witnessed the arrival of the Kryptonian spacecraft bearing the infant Kal-El. Jonathan was somewhat apprehensive of the mysterious child, wondering if perhaps the baby might have been launched into space by the Russians. Nonetheless, he agreed to Martha's suggestion that they raise the child as their own.
Over the years, Jonathan and Martha's loving, supportive parenting instilled in young Clark a strong sense of morality and the importance of helping those in need—thus providing Superman with an essential heroism to match his vast physical power.
Later, he and Martha were also loving foster parents to Kara, an Argoan girl that Clark rescued from deep space. Kara likewise adopted the strong morality they taught her (though she often felt confined by the isolation of the farm).
- "The Last Son of Krypton, Part II"
- "The Last Son of Krypton, Part III"
- "My Girl" (Mentioned Only)
- "World's Finest, Part II"
- "Father's Day"
- "The Late Mr. Kent"
- "Little Girl Lost, Part I"
- "For the Man Who Has Everything" (Voice only)
- "Fearful Symmetry" (Mentioned Only)
- "Far From Home" (Mentioned Only)