Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Justice League Unlimited, also referred to as JLU or simply Justice League, is a group of superheroes, based in Metropolis. Led by Superman and including such members as Warhawk and Batman, they are the future incarnation of the first Justice League.
- Batman (Terry McGinnis)
- Big Barda
- Superman (leader)
- Wonder Woman
An incarnation of the Justice League founded decades earlier, the origins of the Justice League Unlimited and whether it stands as a continuation of the original League or it was formed following its disbanding are unrevealed.
Before Terry McGinnis joined the team, the members of the League included Big Barda, Kai-Ro, Warhawk, Aquagirl, Micron, Superman and possibly Static, who may have joined the team after Terry joined or before, but that still remains unclear. Wonder Woman was referred to as being a member of the JLU, but it's unrevealed if she was an active member at that time, highly possible given her lack of involvement in the JLU's fight with Starro. It's also unrevealed if the Wonder Woman associated with the Justice League Unlimited is Diana of Themyscira, herself a founding member of the original incarnation of the League, or a successor, as is the case with much of the JLU roster.
When Batman received an invitation to join from Superman alone, the other members were not happy that they had no vote in deciding if he should join the team or not. In time, Batman becomes an accepted member of the team, garnering the respect of his teammates, serving with them against many foes, such the Iniquity Collective.
When Chronos altered time, it affected the history of the Justice League. In this alternate timeline, Superman and the rest of the league were killed following the destruction of the Watchtower, while Green Lantern was slain by Jokerz gang member Dee Dee. The surviving members of the League were Batman, Warhawk, and Static, with Bruce Wayne acting as de facto leader of the remaining group. They operated out of the abandoned Hamilton Hill High School.
Appearances and references
- "The Call"
- "Future Shock" (Mentioned Only)
- "The Once and Future Thing Part One: Weird Western Tales"
- "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dini, Paul, Burnett, Alan (story) & Berkowitz, Stan (teleplay) & Lukic, Butch (director) (November 18, 2000). "The Call, Part II". Batman Beyond. Season 3. Episode 8 (airdate). Episode 51 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Berkowitz, Stan (writer) & Lim, Kyung-Won (director) (December 9, 2000). "Betrayal". Batman Beyond. Season 3. Episode 9 (airdate). Episode 43 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Timm, Bruce, McDuffie, Dwayne (story) & McDuffie, Dwayne (teleplay) & Riba, Dan (director) (July 23, 2005). "Epilogue". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 26 (airdate). Episode 26 (production). Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Berkowitz, Stan (writer) & Chele, Vic Dal (director) (January 17, 2004). "Future Shock". Static Shock. Season 4. Episode 1 (airdate). Episode 40 (production). Kids WB!.
- ↑ McDuffie, Dwayne (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director) (January 29, 2005). "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 13 (airdate). Episode 13 (production). Cartoon Network.