|This article is written from the Real World perspective|
Rene Auberjonois (born June 1, 1940 in New York City, New York) is an American actor of Franco-Swiss descent, probably best known for playing shapeshifter Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- "In Blackest Night" — Kanjar-Ro, Guardian (uncredited), Galius Zed (uncredited)
- "Twilight" — Desaad, Steppenwolf (uncredited)
- "Hearts and Minds" — Galius Zed
Before Deep Space Nine, Auberjonois was best known for a recurring role on the sitcom Benson, and has since had a recurring role on Boston Legal.
A prolific voice actor, he has also voiced roles on The Legend of Tarzan, Xiaolin Showdown, and Duck Dodgers; Disney fans know him as the voice of the knife-happy French chef Louis from The Little Mermaid and associated cartoons.
- Auberjonois had a brief appearance in the film Batman Forever as Dr. Burton, the superintendent of Arkham Asylum. This makes him one of only five actors to appear in both Batman: The Animated Series and one of the live-action movies (the others being Ed Begley, Jr., John Glover, Senator Patrick Leahy, and Vincent Schiavelli).
- Auberjonois had previously played Desaad in the 1984-1986 incarnations of Hanna-Barbera's Super Friends franchise.
- He also voiced General Zod in the episode "The Hunter" of the 1988 Superman animated series.
- He is the great-great-great grandson of Joachim Murat, a Marshal of the first French Empire under Napoleon Bonaparte, and the one-time King of Naples.