|Static Shock episode|
|Airdate:||January 24th, 2004|
|Animation Services by:||Koko/Dong Yang|
|Written by:||Len Uhley|
|Directed by:||Mark J. Howard|
|Episode images (2)|
"She-Back!" is the second episode of season 4 of Static Shock.
Virgil and Richie are in their usual comic shop, talking about how the powers of one of their heroes has changed. They see that Madelyn Spaulding is working there, and they talk to her. She remembers very little of their last encounter, and nothing of their costumed identities. After they leave, she finds out that she still has powers, only they're a different type—and have grown considerably.
At the Dakota Police Department, Madelyn breaks out Hotstreak, Ebon and Talon. Static and Gear arrive to stop them from escaping. They are not doing well when She-Bang arrives to save the day. After Madelyn and her gang escape, She-Bang handles the press. Her openness—as opposed to the media-shy girl they first met—surprises the Dakota Duo.
It turns out that the people hunting She-Bang were arrested, so now she is back in Dakota and wants to be part of the team. Static is not happy about this. At school, Shenice is driving everyone crazy as well. When Madelyn and her gang show up again, they easily beat Static and Gear, no thanks to She-Bang.
Static and Gear tell her that they do not want to work with her. Her feelings hurt, she decides to take on Madelyn by herself. Madelyn captures her, having Static and Gear come to the rescue. They are able to free She-Bang and stop Madelyn. Afterwards, Static and Gear apologize for what they said and tell She-Bang that anytime she wants to join the team, it'd be fine with them.
- Final appearances of Madelyn Spaulding and She-Bang.
- In between "The Parent Trap" and this episode, all people responsible for the project that became She-Bang have been arrested.
- Hotstreak, Ebon and Talon are still locked up following their previous appearance in Romeo in the Mix.
- In the flashback scenes, Madelyn's clothes differ from the ones she wore in "Attack of the Living Brain Puppets". In that episode, she wore a plaid skirt and a sweater, but here, she is shown in a violet skirt and vest instead.
- The Soul Power comic Virgil picks up is the same issue he was reading in "Blast From the Past", despite it being presented as a new issue in this episode.
- This marks the second time Static's powers have mixed with another metahuman's and altered them. The first was in "Replay".
|Phil LaMarr||Static/Virgil Hawkins|
|Jason Marsden||Gear/Richie Foley|
|Kimberly Brooks||Madelyn Spaulding|
|Rosslynn Taylor-Jordan||She-Bang/Shenice Vale|
|Danica McKellar||Frieda Goren|
Madelyn Spaulding: Well, well, well. Virgil Hawkins and Richie Foley.
Ebon: This is totally whack.
Gear: (uses a cable as a lasso) Yippy-yi-yo-ki-
Gear: (scans with Backpack) I've got Backpack scanning for any pressure changes, temperature spikes, high frequency sounds...
| Previously produced episode:|
| Episodes of|
| Next produced episode:|
"Out of Africa"
| Previously aired episode:|
| Next aired episode:|
"Out of Africa"