- This article is about the fictitious TV series featuring the Gray Ghost.
The Gray Ghost was once a popular television series about a crime fighter in the city of Piedmont. It was produced by Spectra Studios.
Spectra Studios was destroyed by a fire at some point after the series' cancellation.
The lead character was played by Simon Trent. After the series was canceled, Trent had been typecast and had difficulty finding other parts. By the 1990s, he was living in the Chelsea Arms apartments and was behind on his rent. His manager Frankie often had the difficult task of informing him that he didn't get a part he auditioned for.
Interest in the series, and Trent's career, was revived after he and Batman teamed up to stop a crazed toy collector who was copy catting the lead villain from "The Mad Bomber". The series was released on video shortly afterwards and proved to be very successful.
The series was revisited and a feature film titled The Gray Ghost Strikes Back! was released in the early 21st century. The film was intended to be Terry McGinnis's last experience with his parents as part of Project Batman Beyond to recreate the last fateful night for the Waynes. However, the intended killer would not pull the trigger, and the McGinnises went on to have a second son, Matt.
Episodes of The Gray Ghost
These episode numbers and titles were seen on the shelf in the back of Simon Trent's closet. There may have been more episodes (since Trent claimed that he made "hundreds of those shows"), the titles of which we have not seen.
- "Have a Heart"
- "Red Ghost Run"
- "The Claw"
- "Take a Hike"
- "One on One"
- "Dr. Death"
- "Jimmy's Homecoming"
- "The Doll Maker"
- "Gray Ghost Returns"
- "Missing Link"
- "The Card Shark"
- "Spy Smashers"
- "The Secret Chamber"
- "The Road Trip"
- "Terror in the Sky"
- "Sweet Revenge"
- "The Mad Bomber"
- "Electric Man"
- --title not seen--
- "Sweating Bullets"
- ↑ O'Flaherty, Dennis, Ruegger, Tom (story) & Wolf, Garin, Ruegger, Tom (teleplay) & Kirkland, Boyd (director) (November 4, 1992). "Beware the Gray Ghost". Batman: The Animated Series. Season 1. Episode 32 (airdate). Episode 18 (production). FOX Kids.
- ↑ Timm, Bruce, McDuffie, Dwayne (story) & McDuffie, Dwayne (teleplay) & Riba, Dan (director) (July 23, 2005). "Epilogue". Justice League Unlimited. Season 1. Episode 26 (airdate). Episode 26 (production). Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Also the name of one of Batman's earliest villains in the comics
- ↑ Also chosen as the title of a Batman: The Animated Series episode