|Relatives:|| Martha Wayne (wife, deceased)|
Bruce Wayne (son)
Terry McGinnis (biological grandson)
Matt McGinnis (biological grandson)
|Voiced by:|| Richard Moll (uncredited) |
Kevin Conroy (uncredited)
Thomas went to medical school with Leslie Thompkins, Matt Thorne, and Anne Luitina. Thomas, Leslie, and Matt were known as "The Three Musketeers" at school, and were considered inseparable. They spent their graduation week at the Waldorf, and pictures were taken at a big AMA mixer. They signed one another's yearbook, "The Caduceus", and remained in touch for several years.
Thomas was a loving husband and father, and would often playfully toss his son in the air. He would always watch the television show "The Gray Ghost" with his son. He referred to Bruce as "stubborn" from the day Bruce was born. He once told his son, "Those who have the most, must give the most".
Thomas's son, Bruce, often had nightmares involving his parent's death and this helped continue his crusade as Batman. Bruce would have many photographs and portraits around Wayne Manor and the Batcave of his parents.
The Thomas Wayne Memorial Free Clinic in Park Row was named for Thomas. After Matthew Thorne surrendered himself to the Gotham Police Department on charges on aiding criminals and practicing medicine without a license, Bruce Wayne met him to offer moral support, and asked Thorne to tell him about his father, wherepon the two men had a friendly conversation over coffee about Thomas' younger years.
Dreams and Memories
When Bruce was recovering from memory loss, one of his first memories was of his father.
When under control of the Mad Hatter's mind control apparatus, Batman saw a world where his parents had never been killed. In this "Wonderland", Thomas Wayne had retired from Wayne Enterprises, and gave the company to Bruce, who never became Batman. Thomas lived with his wife and son at Wayne Manor, and would often spend his days at the golf course. He was worried about his son's odd demeanor and when Bruce left home, Thomas and Martha contacted the police to bring him back.
While under the influence of the Black Mercy, Bruce relived the night his parents were attacked in Crime Alley, this time Thomas fought off their attacker, until Bruce was freed from the Black Mercy and the dream returned to the familiar nightmare.
Appearances and references
- "Nothing to Fear" (Hallucination)
- "The Forgotten" (Cameo in dreams)
- "Two-Face, Part II" (in a nightmare)
- "Beware the Gray Ghost" (flashback)
- "Dreams in Darkness" (Hallucination)
- "Perchance to Dream" (Hallucination)
- "Robin's Reckoning, Part I" (Cameo on portrait of Thomas and Martha Wayne)
- "The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne" (Cameo in Bruce Wayne's memories)
- "Paging the Crime Doctor" (Cameo on photo)
- "His Silicon Soul" (Cameo on photo)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (Cameo on portrait of Thomas and Martha Wayne)
- "Sins of the Father" (Cameo on portrait of Thomas and Martha Wayne)
- "Cold Comfort" (Cameo on photo)
- "Over the Edge" (Cameo on portrait of Thomas and Martha Wayne)
- "Chemistry" (Mentioned Only)
- "Gotham in Blue" (Mentioned Only)